Skip to main content

Family Room - Painted

After 12 years, I finally got around to painting the family room. The stucco on the ceiling and the upper half of the walls had been a deterrant for many years. Also I dislike the fireplace but that is a big job and I wasn't sure how to proceed. This summer I just decided to paint the walls and think about the fireplace after.
If I find a before picture I will add it to this post later. But here are the after shots. The new blinds should arrive in the next few days and then I'll post a picture of them.
It took 2 coats of primer (4 gallons!!!!) to cover the stucco and panelling and then another two gallons of the white (Silk Moon by C I L) for the ceiling and upper half of the walls. I love this colour of white and it was very hard to find a colour of white I liked that didn't have a yellow tinge.


The gray on the panelling is called Paddlewheel Grey (also from C I L) - it's more blueish green then I had expected but I'm quite happy with it for the moment. The panelling is so easy to paint over that I can change that any time.


The family room is just so much brighter and happier now. I'm considering whether to paint the fireplace.

Comments

aniexma said…
Oooo...very nice! That shade of blue is very similar to the one I've chosen for various parts of our house. The hint of green gives it just a tiny bit of warmth. Fabulous!

Popular posts from this blog

Who looks like who?

Knitting and Party Outfits

First, inspired by Brooklyn Tweed's lovely striped Noro scarf, I have started knitting my own Noro striped scarf. Here's a photo of the work in progress. Second, in a wild and crazy mid-life crisis kind-of-moment, I purchased a wild and crazy (for me) party dress. Here's a picture of Hart and I off to Auntie Gloria's party. I felt I needed to do this before I turn 50 and while my weight was down. I AM planning on keeping the weight off. The secret to getting on a dress like this (which has a lining that you can't see) is to leave it on the hanger and "dive" up to the light. If you don't do this, you risk getting tangled in the lining. You also have to watch how you sit since you don't want to bend the sequins when you sit down. I can report that the party was wonderful, the food was great, the decor was beautiful and it was great to see people we haven't seen in a while.

Halloween

The pumpkin. Design selected by Aaron, drawn on the pumpkin by Thea, and carved by Hart. Aaron gutted the pumpkin. Thea went as a mad scientist. Aaron went as a mummy. He was thrilled to win two (!!!) trophies at school for his costume. Auntie Anne, thank-you so much for sending the box of costumes. Hugs and kisses to you. Let's get a closer look at those trophies. Drats, he took the labels off them. He told me they were both for second place. One was for best costume and I forget what the other one was for. I wonder who one first place???