Skip to main content

Hart's Sweater Completed!!

Remember that sweater I started back in December?? Here it is completed at last. Except for being blocked. It was ready for Valentine's Day.



Here's my sweetie modelling it.




I got a lot of work done on the sweater while out visiting my Mom and Dad. Here's my Dad looking pretty good after his surgery.





And here's a photo of my lovely Mom...



I also got a chance to visit with my brother.


In Victoria, the grass is green and flowers are blooming... I wish I had a picture of what it's like here in Toronto but my camera has an E14 error at the moment.

Comments

aniexma said…
Well done Jane! The sweater looks great and you remembered to take pictures on the coast when I didn't.
Anonymous said…
Great to see the sweater completed. I hope Hart is wearing it lots! Also nice to see photos of Mom and Dad on the net. What's the next knitting project?

Popular posts from this blog

Knitting and Party Outfits

First, inspired by Brooklyn Tweed's lovely striped Noro scarf, I have started knitting my own Noro striped scarf. Here's a photo of the work in progress. Second, in a wild and crazy mid-life crisis kind-of-moment, I purchased a wild and crazy (for me) party dress. Here's a picture of Hart and I off to Auntie Gloria's party. I felt I needed to do this before I turn 50 and while my weight was down. I AM planning on keeping the weight off. The secret to getting on a dress like this (which has a lining that you can't see) is to leave it on the hanger and "dive" up to the light. If you don't do this, you risk getting tangled in the lining. You also have to watch how you sit since you don't want to bend the sequins when you sit down. I can report that the party was wonderful, the food was great, the decor was beautiful and it was great to see people we haven't seen in a while.

Who looks like who?

Cookie Jar

My sister Anne discovered some retro cookie jars recently and one of them reminded her of the one that was in our house when we were growing up. A search of the archives has turned up this photo. You can see our actual cookie jar on the kitchen counter. I remember taking this picture and thinking that the contents of the cupboard would be interesting to us in the far distant future.